5 Ayurvedic Food Guidelines
What we eat, where we eat, how we eat, and when we eat make all the difference in our health! This thought is unique in Ayurveda. Ayurvedic eating is not generalized, but is specific to each person.
- Eat according to your age and body constitution.
- Eat fresh and seasonal vegetables and fruit.
- Eat freshly cooked and warm food. This will strengthen agni, digest food better, and reduce excess Kapha and Vata.
- Eat food which has enough oil and is moist enough (not fried). It tastes better, helps Agni, builds Dhatus, and increases your strength.
- Do not eat wrong combinations of food. For example, honey and ghee, when combined in equal quantities, are considered by Ayurveda to be virtually poisonous. Mixing sour fruit and milk curdles the milk.